Any business owner who has sold a business on his or her own will tell you it’s a long, tedious and stressful process. It consumes time and distracts you from the day to day operation of the business. When your focus should be on maintaining or increasing the value of your business, all of your time and energy is directed to the sale process. That’s where the experience of the Benjamin Ross Group advisors comes in:
- Confidentiality. If you, as an owner, attempt to sell your own business, that process alone reveals that the business is up for sale. Employees, customers, suppliers and bankers all get nervous and competitors look to take advantage of the opportunity.
- Business Continuity. Selling a business is time-consuming for an owner who already is probably wearing many hats for the company. By taking on the additional load of selling the business, essential functions will get less attention and possible damage to the business. The owner can maintain a focus on running the business when a broker is working on the sale.
- Reaching Potential Buyers. Benjamin Ross Group has the tools and resources to reach the largest possible base of buyers. We then screen these potential buyers to ensure they are qualified.
- Marketing. With years of experience, the Benjamin Ross Group advisors will present your company in the best light to maximize the sale price. We have a great understanding of the key values that buyers are seeking in any acquisition.
- Valuing your Business. Putting a value on a business is a difficult process, with hundreds of variables that have an impact on the value. We have access to business transaction databases that can be used as guidelines or reference points. But the best way for a business owner to truly feel comfortable that he got the best deal is to have several financially viable parties interested or bidding for his business, which is much more likely using the resources of the Benjamin Ross Group.
- Closing a Deal. Since the Benjamin Ross Group’s sole function is to sell the business, there’s a much better chance that a deal will be closed in less time. The faster the sale, the lower the risk of employee problems, customer defection and predatory competition.
If you are thinking about selling your business, please contact our office to speak with an advisor who can help you start the process.